The online accreditation system for Member and observer delegations is now live!
Click here to access the system.
Accreditation Guidelines for the IUCN Members’ Assembly are available here.
Each IUCN Member organisation/institution and each observer with voting and/or speaking rights need to get accredited through the accreditation system in order to be able to vote and/or speak during the Members’Assembly at the 2016 IUCN World Conservation Congress.
Only Members that have fully paid their membership dues up to and including 2015 can be accredited and only Heads of Delegation duly registered for the Congress and who have been designated as such by their organisation/institution can vote and/or speak at the Members’ Assembly. At the Congress, Heads of Delegation who will represent the organisation/institution will be exclusively provided with a voting/speaking card or a recognition card for the right to speak (for observers) to exercise their voting and/or speaking rights at the Members’ Assembly.
Voting and/or speaking rights at Congress
• Members in Category A (States and government agencies) and Category B (National and international NGOs)
- voting and speaking rights, if duly accredited
• Members in Category C - Affiliates
- speaking rights, if duly accredited
• Observers, as decided by IUCN Council, and recognized National and Regional Committees
- speaking rights, if duly accredited
Observers with speaking rights include:
- Non-Member States
- Honorary Members and Patrons of IUCN
- All organisations with which IUCN has formal working relationships established by 31 July 2016
What needs to be provided by observers to get a recognition card for the right to speak during the Members’ Assembly?
- Non-Member States:
Letter signed by the Head of the institution requesting a recognition card for the right to speak at the Members’ Assembly. The letter should indicate the name and contact details of the Head of Delegation (person who will represent the institution and receive the card onsite).
- Honorary Members and Patrons of IUCN:
Letter signed by the Honorary Member or the Patron requesting a recognition card for the right to speak at the Members’ Assembly.
- All organisations with which IUCN has formal working relationships:
1) Evidence of the formal working relationship with IUCN and name of IUCN focal point. For this purpose, formal working relationships are defined as contracts, Memorandums of Understanding, Letters of Intent or any other sort of written agreement which does not need to be legally binding or otherwise enforceable.
2) Letter signed by the Head of organisation (CEO, etc) requesting a recognition card for the right to speak at the Members’ Assembly. The letter should indicate the name and contact details of the Head of Delegation (person who will represent the organisation and receive the card onsite).
All the requested documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 July 2016 at the latest.
The list of observers who receive a recognition card for the right to speak at the Members’ Assembly is indicated below:
- MedPAN (Mediterranean Protected Areas Network), Spain
Voting by proxy
A Member eligible to vote who is unable to attend the Congress or a particular sitting of the Members’ Assembly can give a proxy to another Member with voting rights or to an accredited representative of a recognized National or Regional Committee of the same country/region in order to vote on its behalf.
In order to be valid, all proxies must be made through the Accreditation system.
Membership Lounge/Accreditation Opening hours:
31 August: 08:00-18:30
1 September: TBC
2 September: 08:00-20:00
3 September: 08:00-20:00
4 September: 08:00-20:00
5 September: 08:00-20:00
6 September: 08:00-20:00
7 September: 08:00-19:00
8 September: CLOSED
9 September: 08:00-19:00
10 September: 08:00-15:30